Yoga Journal 4

     A ritual can be described as a practice of the spiritual body according to an article by Nervin.  He said its a "sensorium" for the person participating in yoga. With that being said, you can say a ritual changes the way the body's chemical reaction. This can be different from a normal, or every day, body change. I will try to notice this change in my next yoga practice.

     I think my yoga practices can be considered a ritual. In my opinion, Yoga to me is a form of exercise. I also think yoga is a form of recovery too, a way you can get the blood flow in your body pumping. The way it makes your body stretch and strengthens the parts of the muscles you don't visibly see, which makes your performances and training better!

     I often wander off in trains of thought and easily get sidetracked/distracted. When I do my yoga practices, I try my best to focus on the poses and the instructor's words. To help me, I often tend to close my eyes, focus, or work on a pose or focus on breathing. After reading that article, I hope to work on staying more consistent in doing yoga and hopefully using it in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga Journal 2

Yoga Journal 1

Yoga Journal 3