Yoga Journal 2

     This week, I retook the Essential Flow Yoga from last week because I felt like I could do better with it. Along with that, I also did another one called "Body & Mind Unwind" that was with Alex Silver-Fagan also on the Nike app.  Combined, since I took them back-to-back, took about 55 minutes. The focus was on recovery, mobility, and breathwork.  

    Doing the practices at home, it is difficult to have an authentic sacred space to practice in. I noticed in both videos I've done, they had an open space with minimal things in the background, like an empty studio with big windows and had a mat. In my room, I don't have that much space but enough to do the poses. I usually do it with no lights on and the window open for natural light to make it feel more "sacred" for me. The pose I had the most trouble with supra denotive (I don't know if that's how its spelled but) where your knees and elbows are on the mat and lift your hips up really opening up the hamstrings.

    I put my headphones in and listen to music to avoid distractions in my house. I recently got a gym membership in hopes of taking a yoga class there if I can to help me diversify my learning and to get actual in-person experience, rather than looking at a screen.

Comments

  1. ok...how about the instructor? how did they create a "sacred" space?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga Journal 1

Yoga Journal 3